Financial Projects Accountant
HedgerWay are currently partnered with a Global Real Estate company in the recruitment of a Financial Projects Accountant on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
This is a newly created position within the company and will be providing expertise and capability to improve business and financial processes to help the company manage risks and effectively and meet financial control and compliance obligations. The role will also be looking to drive efficiencies and improve consistency across the business.
- Assist with the design and implementation of financial processes and develop the reporting requirements
- Focus of these process reviews will be to enhance control over management and financial reporting, but also to improve the consistency and efficiency of processes
- Whilst the focus of reviews will be targeted at those which pose a financial statement risk, there are significant operational processes involved within these which need to be reviewed
- Analyse the current processes by speaking with key stakeholders and determining what the desired outcome of the activity is
- Walkthrough and document the current processes, highlighting key business and financial statement risks and efficiencies
- Assist with the build of management reports
- Work with the Head of Financial Projects to suggest improvements to contribute to and be involved with the implementation of improvements to workflows and systems
- Identify and update any existing policies which are determined to be out of date when reviewing processes
The ideal candidate will be coming from another real estate company or large corporate business and have previous experience of working with internal controls. You will need to have a hands on approach to work with high level of attention to detail and accuracy and strong analysis and data review capabilities.
£490 per day