Leading central London based Property Management Company is looking for an experienced and qualified Commercial Financial Controller to join its large and dynamic finance team. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, the role holder will control and coordinate all aspects of financial performance, planning and analysis for all areas of the Business Partnering function as well as driving cost and revenue improvement and providing commercial and transformational insight.
The role holder will be expected to take ownership for all aspects of financial control, including the coordination for consolidating, reporting and planning across all Asset Management, Facilities and Corporate business functions. Leading the month end cycle and all monthly, quarterly and annual planning cycles. You will also provide insight and financial stewardship through the continuous development of Financial Performance reporting.
Drive financial performance through the provision of timely and accurate financial reporting, including commercial insight and analysis. Hold the business to account over financial performance, manage risk and ensure controls, ensuring consistent application of financial policies and processes across all areas of business partnering.
Help drive through the programme of wholesale transformational change within the Business Partnering finance function, refreshing and re-designing structure and processes.
Further detail of responsibilities:
• Business Partnering month end process, including.
- Act as the senior finance lead and deputy for Head of Business Partnering, on financial management and performance.
- Manage the production of the monthly management accounts, including KPI reporting and full commercial commentary and variance analysis. Ensuring that all deadlines and reporting requirements are met.
- End to End month end reporting plan / timetable, including comms
- Standard month end / consolidation templates
- All business functions consolidated month end, with AM/FM/Capital Overheads splits
- Month end reports for Asset Management/Facilities Management (AM/FM)/Capital and all Business Support Services Overheads
- Coordinate Business Partner Quarterly reporting, with commentary, including Balance Sheet
• The business functions planning process, Annually, Quarterly and Monthly, including
- Responsible for strategic planning, budget planning and forecasting
- Lead the annual budget process for Business Partnering to ensure the forward financial plan is delivered, including re-forecasting. Providing financial awareness training to budget holders, development of processes and associated models.
• Lead on the review, consolidation and reporting of all aspects of income
- Ensuring the necessary controls and reporting are in place
- Ensure the monitoring and understanding of the link between the underlying cost base and income
• Development appropriate working capital/cashflow reporting for each functional business area
Organisational, Policy & Planning Responsibilities
• Communicate a month end plan and ensure stakeholders are held accountable for deliverables
•To manage risk and ensure controls are effective, ensuring consistent application of financial policies and procedures across all business.
• Coordinate with the Finance Analytics team to ensure streamlined reporting activities through the use of analytical tools such as Power BI.
• Improve business decision making through detailed analytical reviews and benchmarking activities.
• Consolidating the data for month end presentation and providing an overview of the financial status for all Business Functions.
Communications & Relationships
• The post holder will communicate financial data to the Executive and groups of senior managers and external stakeholders, advising on financial issues to non- financial managers. The post holder will be able to communicate this in such a way as it is understood clearly by all parties.
• Support the Head of Business Partnering in developing the team into a “value add” team and trusted business partner to the wider business.
• Receiving the month end information from all the departments of the organisation and critically examines them for correctness, accuracy and completeness; and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organisational objectives
• Together with the rest of the senior management group across Finance, ensure that the financial control environment is robust, and risks mitigated and reported
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or equivalent, with significant post qualification experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting principles and techniques in the property industry
- Significant commercial finance and business partnering experience
- Significant exposure to senior stakeholders
- Staff Management experience
- Large property company experience would be highly beneficial. Working for a company with a total asset value in excess of £1bn ideally
Demonstrates strong, clear Leadership.
Able to problem solve in an uncertain and demanding environment.
Confident Communicator, skilful negotiator with developed influencing skills