Finance Analyst Lead (Opex)
- Job Type:
- Financial Services
- London City
- £65,000-75,000 plus lucrative stock options and other benefits
- Ref #:
High-growth FinTech firm is looking for a dynamic and experienced Finance Analyst from another high-growth organisation, with strong Opex / Cost Analysis experience (ideally headcount), as well as experience of business partnering at a senior level and experience of producing financial models. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance in a team of 8, this role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a firm in a highly sought after sector, at a key point in its journey, and therefore fantastic career development potential exists. This is a newly created role, as a result of continued rapid growth.
- Your main focus will be on driving the annual planning process, improving the comapny's ability to forecast headcount and cost, ultimately enabling the business to scale and drop price
- You will build frameworks (models and reports) to analyse the cost base, identify risks and opportunities and derive actionable insights
- You’ll provide deep dives on key business and financial metrics and focus on actuals to forecast variance comparison to drive accuracy, optimal decision making and develop strategy
- This will involve working with stakeholders within and outside Finance to deeply understand the business, and drivers of its cost and financials, including partnering with Department leads (Customer Support, Engineering, Design etc), other teams within Finance (Financial Controllers and Accounting) and other analysts
- You’ll use this deep knowledge to help build a narrative on the results and manage communications and reporting to various stakeholders: internally to the leadership team, and externally to investors and debt holders.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role - in using data to help understand the company's financial growth, shape financial strategy and evolve the Finance team.
- Own your own path to success - you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
A bit about you:
- Solid experience of analysing costs, building financial models, business partnering and owning budgeting / cost analysis
- Extensive experience in building budgets from scratch, establishing effective policies and procedures, implementing cost controls and monitoring ongoing spend - to help the organisation operate smoothly and grow sustainably
- Experience developing reports based on employee data, customizing elements of the ERP system and adjusting the user interface and usability of ERP.
- Experience from a high growth organisation
- A working knowledge of Anaplan is a bonus, but not essential
- Worked closely with Human Resources to ensure that workforce planning strategy, tools and processes are in sync with cost planning
- Demonstrable knowledge of general accounting concepts.
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies.
- Keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still.
- Strong communicator: articulate, clear, strategic - with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn. Firm and forceful when required.
- Able to operate to defined timelines while bringing together a diverse stakeholder group.
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast moving agile tech based multinational environment
- Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA, with proven post qualification experience
- A working knowledge of SQL