Financial Accountant / Finance Manager
High growth Technology Company in the Gaming / AdTech space is looking for a recently qualified accountant to join it small but growing finance team in the capacity of Financial Accountant / Finance Manager.
Reporting - and working closely with - the CFO, in a team of 5, this role will provide mentoring to to two other junior team members. At its core this is a Financial Reporting role, but given the small, growing and ever-changing nature of the business / team, it will actually be quite varied, and offer plenty of commercial and project-based opportunities for keen and capable candidates.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person wanting to build on previous career experiences and to take overall control of the integrity of the financial ledgers of the dynamic, fast-growing start up company.
The successful candidate will assist with the efficient running of the Finance function by improving current working practices, streamlining financial close cycles, provide first point of contact for VAT queries, improve, adjust and document current practices and control compliance with the accounting standards and legislation
• Control the integrity of the balance sheet, general and nominal ledgers for all sites within the company.
• Improving and maintaining process of balance sheet accounts reconciliation to provide transparent picture for assets and liabilities of the company at any time.
• Ensure that adequate accounting processes and procedures are in place and being monitored for compliance. Review and document of current process flows
• Various month end tasks including sales reconciliation, prepayments, fixed assets and closing the ledgers.
• Providing advice to the business on VAT queries
• Submission of VAT returns and any other statutory declarations
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and annual financial statements. Managing workflow for annual audit and communication with the auditors.
• Preparation and monitoring of monthly cash flow forecast for review by the Board to ensure working capital requirements are met
• Provide mentoring to junior members of the team (x 2)
• Investigate reporting differences on internal vs external systems and report to management on ways this can be mitigated.
• Data preparation for corporation tax computation and primary liaison to answer corporation tax queries following review
• Other additional duties as required by Management
• Assist the CFO in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts.
• Responsibility for updating working models related to impairment assessment at period ends
• Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company
• Recently ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified
• Solid technical accounting experience from either a practice or industry background
• Previous experience in international entity consolidation an advantage
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and adept at meeting tight deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and competent with Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Competent with using various IT systems, such as Xero, Netsuite, MS Office, GSuite
• Ability to drive change through people and process development during challenging business situations
• Process driven with a solid understanding of formal audit trail requirements
• An energetic, quick thinking and self-motivated individual eager to apply traditional processes and skills to new situations and opportunities;
• Enthusiastic and ability to work within a team, willing to roll your sleeves up and get the job done
• Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• The ability to continuously prioritise workloads to meet the business needs
• Possess a conscientious, proactive, flexible and adaptable approach to work;
• Commercially aware
• Constant drive to improve efficiency, ability to find a workable solution whilst reconciling interests of different parties involved
• An ability to think beyond problems, break down larger issues and tackle stages systematically
• Ability to present to financial and non-financial stakeholders
• Target and results orientated
• Highly organised with ability to multi-task while remaining calm under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with a seasoned CFO in an exciting growing Tech Start-up, in what will be a varied role, offering plenty of suitable experience to help newly qualified accountants on their finance career journey.
Group Financial Controller Location: Central London Salary: £110k-£120k plus benefits Group Financial Controller - Multi Site Hospitality Company
Senior Associate - Corporate Finance Location: Central London Salary: Up to £75,000 + Bonus + Benefits A FTSE Listed Real Estate company are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate to join their Corporate Finance Team based in Central London.
Finance Director - FTSE Listed Housebuilder Location: South West Salary: Circa £100,000 + Outstanding Bonus (50-80%) + Bens This is the opportunity to join an award winning and market leading Housebuilder as their Finance Director overseeing the fast growing Wessex Region for the Group.
Finance Director Location: Central London Salary: £90k-£110k plus bonus Finance Director - Growing Healthcare Company
Management Accountant - Global Business Location: Central London Salary: Up to £70k + benefits HedgerWay is partnering with a global business in its search for a Management Accountant to join the team. This is a key hire for the business, and you will support the Financial C...
C-Suite Finance Business Partner -- Property Group Location: London West End Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 + Bonus + Benefits A rare opportunity has come about business partnering the Executive Team of this listed International Property Group.
Senior Finance Professionals met in the last 4 weeks
The average salary of candidates placed
Combined Accountancy and Finance recruitment experience of our team
Average Interim rate placed
£490 per day
£490 per day
Exclusive Mandates Completed
Contact in Confidence
© HedgerWay Senior Financial Recruitment. Company number: 10464960. VAT Reg No: 257011235. Registered in England and Wales.
Recruitment Website by RecruiterWEB