Dave Way Founder & CEO
Dave is a graduate of Accountancy & Law from UEA. He applied to be a trainee recruitment professional for what was then a small West End Finance recruiter, Marks Sattin. Initially rejected by the owner he finally talked his way into their first graduate vacancy. He repaid this opportunity by being appointed as Managing Director only 7 years later. Over the next 10 years he successfully led the business through adverse economic headwinds with good humour and a clear proactive strategy, building the largest privately owned Accountancy recruiter in the U.K.
Dave started HedgerWay as Co-founder alongside Tim Hedger, an ambition they’ve both held since first working together in the early days at Marks Sattin. Both excited at being able to construct a business based on clear principles and tailored to attract the best talent in the industry. A business focused purely on quality, knowledge and speed of service.
A passionate and fast paced recruiter with an enviable client network and an encyclopaedic memory for candidate and contacts, Dave has an exceptional track record in hiring for FC, ”Head of”, FD & CFO roles across a range of industries with particular strength in the Property & FM, Technology and Fast Growth SME sectors.
When not meeting candidates and clients Dave spends time with his wife and 2 little girls Lily-Beth & Lexi. Given the chance he enjoys good food, and any opportunity to watch the cricket, football (ITFC) or horse racing.
Recent Assignments filled:
Residential Property | CFO - £150,000
- Brief: A recently acquired residential Property group need an immediately available CFO to lead their newly formed U.K team.
- An ACA qualified with 20 years Property experience and extensive leadership experience hired to oversee and build out the function in a role completed within 10 working days of instruction.
Technology | FP&A/Transformation Director - £180,000
- Brief: Working for an International P.E backed Technology Group seeking an experienced Director level hire capable of overhauling the FP&A function as well as migrating services from the U.S to London.
- U.S Trained CPA & ACA trained professional successfully headhunted with 15 years international software experience to lead transformation and restructure the business.
Global Real Estate Group | Director of Group Reporting - £125,000
- Brief: Following a restructure the business required a senior hire to join the business in under 4 weeks overseeing a team of 12 qualified accountants responsible for U.K reporting.
- A U.K qualified CIMA accountant with 12 years management experience across FTSE 100 and U.S listed businesses secured within a search conducted within 5 working days.