Tim Hedger Founder & COO
Tim is a graduate of Politics from Essex University who joined Marks Sattin, a then small accountancy recruitment firm in their first drive to hire graduate trainees and became immediately fascinated in dealing with different businesses and understanding what made them successful and unique. Working closely with friend and colleague Dave Way, he rose quickly through the management ranks as Marks Sattin grew from a small business into largest dedicated accountancy recruiter in the UK.
Co-founder of HedgerWay, Tim reunites with his friend and former colleague, to take everything they have learned, unlearn it and reapply their knowledge and experience into a new recruitment business. Tim believes passionately in building and offering that will focus on delivering an exceptional experience to talent in the finance community; candidate, clients and recruiters.
Tim brings over 18 years of Financial Recruitment to the business with both a proven track record of leadership and team development. He prides himself on his ability to understand and deliver on challenging finance mandates having worked with a wide variety of financial services clients, across the banking and the investment management community.
When Tim is not at his desk, running between meetings or entertaining somewhere in the city, he can be found with his two boys, Fraser and Frank, who have trained him well in the art of chauffer driving and share his sense of adventure, a love of all active sports and a good dose of mischief.
Recent Assignments filled:
Investment Management | CFO
- Brief: Following a period of significant growth, this investment manager required an established finance professional to partner with the CEO and board as they looking to continue developing the business.
- Headhunted a rising Finance Director with 15 years PQE from an established player in the market, with a strong track record in developing an understanding of core metrics and performance measurement.
Investment Advisory | Finance Director
- Brief: This disruptive advisory business sought to strengthen its management team and financial leadership with the support of an established Finance Director, who could also bring wider operational leadership to the business.
- Due to time constraints, we presented a shortlist of candidates with whom we had worked with previously, to complete the process from instruction to offer, within 4 weeks
Real Estate Investment | Senior Financial Controller
- Brief: Working with a European Logistics Real Estate Investor that had seen significant growth in deal flow, a new role was created to focus on providing transaction support.
- We successfully identified a candidate from our network, with a broad base of real estate transaction and fund control experience, gained within both high growth and established investment firms. We have continued to work together to build out an impressive team to support continued growth.