A graduate from University of Sheffield, Nick has over 8 years recruitment experience working with clients across Natural Resources and Infrastructure Markets with MDs and CEOs of publicly listed, privately backed and family owned firms. Nick has an enviable reputation, both internally and externally, for the strength and depth of his market knowledge and the regard in which he is held by his network.
Reflecting his exceptional global network, Nick has completed searches ranging from WC1 to more challenging and exotic destinations including Botswana, Dubai, Kazakhstan and Singapore. He has built in-depth sector expertise in Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining, Commodities Trading and related service sectors, while his network extends to a variety of PE backed clients.
Outside of work Nick has a strong interest in global travel, food and wine, music and sport which for his sins includes the Blue half of Merseyside, Everton.
Recent Assignments filled:
Oil & Gas | CFO, London
- Brief: Privately-owned Middle East & Africa focused upstream exploration and production company who sought to raise a significant amount of debt financing to further their projects
- Candidate profile: Tier 1 multi-lingual investment banker, specialising in oil & gas, who had deep expertise in the sourcing and arranging of debt lending facilities focused on the MEA region
Energy Storage | Finance Director, London
- Brief: Start-up energy technology group with an innovative product going through a key stage of testing and development sought a Finance Director with knowledge of business development and project accounting able to transition from a global multinational
- Candidate profile: Qualified accountant working for a major energy group where they had responsibility for all financial and systems aspects of new business development including the setup and overhaul of systems, management information and controls
Mining | Regional Financial Controller, South America
- Brief: An exclusive name within the junior Plc mining space which was seeking an ex-pat finance leader to facilitate a number of new market entries based in South America
- Candidate profile: Chartered Accountant with substantial mine-site-level operational finance experience focused on South America who spoke English, Spanish and Portuguese and was comfortable travelling 50% of the year